Friday, May 2, 2014

KN5 - CHEF'S KNIFE HANDLE FINISH

With the stainless bolsters, I ended up working them with a 120 belt, then hand sanding them 320 then 400 grit, followed by a scuffing with some Scotch brite green pad for a matte finish.



Working both the stainless and wood at the same time. Being very careful about pressure as they are very different in hardness and I could easily ruin the wood if I dig in too hard there.



This is what it looks like at 320







Hand sanding with 320 and 400 grit here. Making sure the finish is silky.







Getting close to the final finish. I buffed on the cotton wheel a little bit.







Closer shot of bolster.

Profiling the cutting edge with the angle sharpener and the 120 grit stone with water. The chosen angle is 20°. After the 1200 stone this thing is wicked sharp. I will strop before delivery.



No comments:

Post a Comment