Friday, January 24, 2014


After going at this blade with the bastard file, I switched to a smooth file. It's still pretty rough though.

I started with 100 grit on a block and worked the file scratches out of the bevel. The I went on to 150 and 200 grit and finally 320 grit.

The scales will be of stabilized spalted maple. I bought these on eBay. They are pretty chunky at 1/2" thick.

A little more touch up and this will be ready for heat treatment.

I apologize of the slowness of the posts recently. I am working on a 2 x 72" belt grinder and 'am documenting the build. Coming soon to the links at the top of the page.

No comments: